Charles T. Whittenburg D.O.
Dr. Whittenburg is a native of the North Texas area. He graduated from high school with honors in 1986. He then attended the University of North Texas for four years and graduated with honors, majoring in Computer Science/Engineering with emphasis in Biology and Chemistry in 1990.
Fulfilling a lifelong dream to become a physician, he then entered the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth and graduated with honors in 1996. During medical school training he earned multiple scholarships and recognition for academic performance.
During his first year of medical school, his father developed a severe disability from rapidly progressive hip arthritis, requiring a hip replacement at a relatively young age. Dr. Whitenburg was impressed with the difference that joint replacement can make in the lives of people with osteoarthritis.
As a result of this experience, Dr. Whittenburg decided to dedicate his career to helping people with similar conditions. Training included a general internship year in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This was followed by four years in Chicago in Orthopedic Surgery residency where he received training in total joint replacement, orthopedic trauma, hand, spine, and pediatric orthopedics.
Residency training included lengthy rotations at area hospitals such as the University of Chicago, Northwestern University, Christ Hospital, and Cook County Hospital.
Dr. Whittenburg then returned to the Dallas/Fort Worth area in 2001 to begin practice and raise a family. Dr. Whittenburg is married and has three young sons.
Dr. Whittenburg is board certified by the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedic Surgery.
These are my qualifications and what services I can provide to help you
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
SpecialtiesElbow Foot & Ankle Hand & Wrist Hip Knee Shoulder
In-Network InsuranceAetnaBlue Cross BlueshieldCignaHumanaMedicareTricareUnited Healthcare
- Tarrant County Medical Society
- Texas Osteopathic Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Western Orthopedic Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Orthopedic Association
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery & Sports Medicine
- A-O Alumni Society
- University of North Texas Denton
- University of North Texas Health Science Center Forth Worth
- University Of Chicago Chicago Residency